RetargetApp is an app with a very simple mission: we want to make retargeting easy and efficient. RetargetApp helps you re-engage your website visitors who didn’t make a purchase upon their first visit with Dynamic Product Ads.
What does RetargetApp do?
Once you install the app and run a campaign, here’s what happens:
- A user comes to your website
- This user views at least one product and maybe even adds it to cart (viewing will be more than enough, though)
- The user then leaves the website without buying anything
- Then the user decides to check his/her Facebook Newsfeed on a desktop or mobile device. There he/she will see an ad with a product which he/she previously viewed on your website, accompanied by up to 10 similar products your website offers.
- The user is thus urged to click on the ad (which will take him/her right to the product page on your website) and has a chance to complete the purchase.
How do I get RetargetApp for my store powered by Shopify?
Before you begin, please, make sure that:
- you have a store powered by Shopify
- you have finished designing your store and it has at least 1 product
- your store has at least 100 daily visitors
- you are an Admin of at least one active Facebook page
- you are ready to get more customers and more sales
Here's how you install RetargetApp:
Step 1. Get RetargetApp
- Go to RetargetApp app listing page on Shopify and click "Add app". Log into your Shopify store if necessary
Alternatively, you can go to RetargetApp website, click "Get started" and enter your Shopify store URL.
- Review the permissions you are giving to RetargetApp and click "Install app"
Step 2. Log in with Facebook
- Click "Continue as..."
- Click “OK”
This will help us know who you are, make your RetargetApp account secure. This will also show us what Facebook pages you are managing - we will need them during the next steps
Step 3. Choose a Facebook page.
- Choose a Facebook page you want to appear in your RetargetApp-powered ads from a drop-down window
If you are not an Admin of an active Facebook page, you can create one.
Step 4. Accept the invitation to Business Manager
RetargetApp creates a brand new Business Manager exclusively for your ads. To make sure you have 24/7 access to it, please:
- Accept an invitation to a Business Manager. To do this, click "Accept invitation”. Do not close this tab.
- A new tab will open. On it, you will need to enter your name, review the details of your newly created Business Manager and confirm your Facebook password.
Facebook requires additional verification at this step to make sure that only you - and people you trust - have access to your Business Manager. You will only need to accept the invitation once - if you are managing more than one store and you get RetargetApp for each of them, this step will be skipped for all the other stores.
- Once you are done, you can close the tab with Business Manager and return to the tab with RetargetApp.
- Click "Next"
Step 5. Add payment info
Since RetargetApp fee is included in your Shopify charge, accept the charge from RetargetApp.
- Click "Start free trial now"
- Click "Approve charge", and, on the next screen, "Approve charge"
You pay for ads directly to Facebook, so you will need to add a Payment method to the ad account inside your newly created Business Manager.
- Click "Add payment method". on the screen that appears, enter the payment method details.
Step 6. Review settings and get started
- Set the daily budget.
We recommend to start at at least $20-$30/day
- Review or change ad message. Use tips from this article if necessary.
- Check out your ad preview.
- If everything looks good and you are happy with the ad preview, click "Start free trial now"
That's it! Your campaign will now be reviewed. Once it's active, you will receive an email.
Be sure not to make any edits to the ad settings while it's being reviewed. Do not - at any point - edit your RetargetApp-powered ads in Ads Manager - all the changes you make will be reverted.
Got questions or need help? Click on the green chat icon in the bottom right corner of this page and message us!